By Lisa Fitzmeyer
Introduction: Chicken thighs with mushrooms and spinach is a delicious and nutritious dish that combines tender chicken thighs, earthy mushrooms, and vibrant spinach. This recipe offers a harmonious blend of flavors and textures, making it a satisfying meal for any occasion. Follow this simple recipe to create a mouthwatering dish that will impress your family and friends.
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- Avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- White button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Fresh spinach or kale
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of avocado oil over medium heat. Place the chicken thighs in the pan, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crispy and golden brown. This will take about 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken thighs and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. The chicken will not be fully cooked at this stage but will finish cooking in the oven.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a baking dish, arranging them in a single layer.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced onions, chopped garlic, and fresh rosemary. Sauté them in the remaining oil until the onions become jammy and translucent. This process will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes until they are tender and slightly browned.
- Spoon the onion, garlic, and mushroom mixture around the chicken thighs in the baking dish, distributing it evenly.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Meanwhile, coat the fresh spinach or kale with a drizzle of olive oil, ensuring that all leaves are lightly coated.
- Spread the oiled spinach or kale around the chicken and vegetables in the baking dish.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the spinach or kale wilts slightly.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven. The chicken thighs should be juicy, and the mushrooms, onions, and spinach or kale will have melded together beautifully.
- Serve the chicken thighs with mushrooms and spinach alongside your favorite keto-friendly sides, such as roasted cauliflower or zucchini noodles, or a fresh green salad dressed with olive oil and lemon juice. Enjoy the delightful flavors and wholesome goodness of this keto-friendly chicken thighs with mushrooms and spinach dish!
Enjoy the delightful flavors and wholesome goodness of this chicken thighs with mushrooms and spinach dish!
Note: Feel free to adjust the quantities of ingredients to suit your preferences and the number of servings desired.